Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2007

New Joint Draft!

Brian and I did a draft together. He was sitting three places to my right (and the bastard took some of my red).

This draft was by far the worse I have experienced in terms of color confusion. I think this is due to the fact that there were 3 people at the table who we sub-1550 rank. I knew I was going to go into blue with the strong signaling in the first pack, and that's about all the signaling I got for the entire draft. I later learned that the guy two seats to my right went monoblack, which explains why that dried up. It was of some consolation to me that he drafted one of the worst decks I have ever seen. Green and red also dried up quickly, which confused me since at certain points both colors seemed to be open.

I ended up going U/G/r and it all worked out, although I would have preferred to get more solid green. Brian and I both made it to the second round. I'm not sure who he lost to, but the guy that beat me was ranked 1850 and had an amazing deck, so I don't feel too bad about the loss.

Overall, I think this draft illustrates very well what happens when you put a bunch of drafting newbies together: blue gets left alone and everything else goes to high hell.

0 comments: